Different Ways to cleanse You and Your House
When doing this, please do not rush and do not focus on time, focus on removing energy, do not think of anything but removing and inviting positive matters (think of your room glowing brighter and brighter like the sun).
When praying or blessing, it may be helpful to recite the names of whom you wish to protect, including pets.
- White Sage: Pray over the sage and burn it in a metal bowl. Growing sage and rosemary in the front and back of the house is helpful too. Rosemary will also aid in memory.
- Garlic: Popular to keep away demons. Tie them together with cotton strings and hang them in rooms where you feel is uncomfortable, outside the front and back of the house to keep away unwanted entitles.
- Smudging: You can buy it from online stores, or you can make it. Smudging is very effective when you are feeling depressed, angry, frustrated, or just plain unwell. Smudging can be used on rooms or space, yourself, guests, objects, crystals, when doing healing work, workspace, etc. Smudging is powerful for cleansing negative energies and attracting peaceful and loving energy.
- Singing Bowl: This will cost a good hit in the pocket, but it is powerful. To use it, hit the bowl at the edge and trace the edge with the wooden stick counterclockwise to remove negative energies. You can use this on yourself, others, and rooms. For rooms, I recommend you walk the room counterclockwise.
- Holy Water: You can get this from a priest. Pray over it to cleanse and protect, and using your fingertips or an unused brush, smear holy water around the walls, windows, and doors of every room. You may also use this on yourself. If you believe in it, it will work. If you have to see it work to believe it, it's not going to work that way.
- Salt: Use rock salt or sea salt, and add as much water as you feel is right and pray over it to cleanse and protect your home. Using your fingertips or an unused brush, smear the saltwater around the walls, windows, and doors of every room. Or you can put it in a spray bottle and spray the walls, carpet, chairs, etc. You may also use this on yourself (a sea salt bath would also be good for your skin, muscles, and circulation). With the remaining extras, you can pour it outside in the front and back of your house.
- Crystals: Hang or put crystal at the windows, doors, stairway corners, before the bathroom, and in rooms to deflect and clear negative energies. Crystals are very popular in feng shui to clear unwanted energy and attract depending on the color or what you've charged it with.
- Candle: Light a white candle in each room and pray over it. Let it burn out to the end.
- Clapping: Yes, clapping. You probably want to do this when no one is around, to prevent feeling like an idiot. Stand in the middle of the room facing the window, pull your arms back with cupped hands and pull your arms together, pulling negative energy with it, and feel it moving out the window, slam your hands together to give it a good boost out. Repeat until you feel your room is cleansed of negative energy. You can do this with your eyes open and "see" the negative energy moving out, or you can do this with your eyes closed and visualize, getting the floor, the walls, ceiling, lifting negativity off of your walls, floors, bed, objects, clothes, and yourself.
- Flowers: Flowers will help keep the peace in the house. I guess that's why you always see dinner tables with them. I recommend you put fresh and live flowers in the main room of the house.
- Clean your room: Well not just your room, your closet, the dishes, the bathroom, the bathtub, your front, and backyard as well. If you can barely get from one side of your room to the other without stepping on something, wouldn't that say a lot about how your life is flowing?
- Scents: Everything vibrates energy and everything reacts to it in a certain way. That is why aromatherapy works so well. Scents stimulate different emotions, memory, and moods. Use scented candles, air fresheners, dish soap, and other cleaning products for aromatherapy.
- Sunlight: When you wake up in the morning, open your doors and windows for the sun to clean and give positive energy to the entire house. Close all doors, windows and curtains before sunset, if you have it open at night, it is an invitation for unwanted entities to come in.
Ways To Cleanse YourselfRituals are a symbolic way to help you release old hurts and prepare for new goals. Everyone encounters negativity in life, including gossip, turmoil at work, breakups and other losses. They can block you spiritually if you allow them to build and gather power. By performing a spiritual cleansing, you can release these negatives and reclaim your power. A cleansing can act as the starting point for moving in a healthier direction.
- Step 1: Take a bath to prepare yourself physically for the spiritual cleansing. Blogger Melissa Goerke recommends using bath salts in the water, as salt is traditionally considered to be a cleansing element. As you relax in the hot water, meditate on the specific areas of your life that need cleansing.
- Step 2: Write down the aspects of your life that you wish to cleanse. Focus on items that contribute to negativity and keep you stuck. Include everything that needs to be released to clear your spirit.
- Step 3: Meditate on the list of negatives you just created. Envision the negativity in your life dissolving, turning to dust and blowing away on the wind. If you have religious beliefs, you can pray to your deity or higher power during this process, asking for help with your cleansing. Otherwise, simply repeat a mantra such as, "I release all that is negative in my life. I release its power over me. I reclaim the power of my spirit."
- Step 4: Burn the list. You can ignite it with a candle, match or lighter, but do it in a safe place where there is no danger of starting a fire. The best spot is over a sink or bathtub. Put a plate in the bottom of the sink or tub to catch any ashes, which you can scatter outside.
- Step 5: Chant "I am purified by the flame. My spirit is cleansed and free." as the paper burns. As you do this, imagine everything negative rising up from your spirit and vaporizing.
Tips and Warnings
Goerke recommends following up your spiritual cleansing with a reminder to help you stay on a positive track. Put a bowl or vase of water in a visible place such as a windowsill. When you feel negativity trying to return, imagine it being drawn to the water and trapped in it. Empty and refill the water vessel each week, and picture negativity going down the drain along with the liquid.
If you visit a psychic who says you have been cursed and offers to sell you a cleansing, beware. This is a common scam to get money out of you by scaring you. It is very unlikely that you have been cursed, and you don't need to pay anyone to perform a cleansing on your behalf. You are the only one with the power to remove negativity from your life. Things You'll Need
- Bath salts
- Candle, matches or lighter
- Bowl or vase (optional)
Spiritually Cleansing Yourself
I know sometimes we are busy and just don’t have time. Well, you need to make the time! If you want your work to be a success then you have to keep your self cleansed. In general, all cleansings' are performed for seven days! Seven is the traditional number associated with cleansing. The best planetary hours for doing cleansing are Venus, Jupiter, and the Sun. Your cleansing work should start in one of these hours. You would use Venus for crossed love conditions, Jupiter for luck/money, and the Sun for all health problems. Or you can use a seven-day candle. Then you would, of course, be using all of the planetary hours. If you are unable to pinpoint the problem, then start the cleansing in the hour of the Sun.
Although using the planets really has nothing to do with conjure work, you can add it to your cleansing. This will give you extra power to achieve the cleansing that you need. I look at cleansing and uncrossing as the same work; when you do both your removing blocked conditions from yourself. I consider this also healing work; because by removing the blocks that are in your way you are healing that area of your life. If you want to have total success in your life and your work then it is very important that you keep yourself cleansed and protected at all times. If you choose not to do this then you are asking for trouble down the road.
Any time you do any kind of work you need to cleanse yourself first. You don’t want some unknown energies entering your work. Also, you will be able to focus on the work at hand if you feel refreshed. I cannot stress this enough cleansing is the most important part of your work; if you expect to be successful. I have heard it said a few times that you don’t need to cleanse yourself until the job is done; well I say this is a load of crap. Are you going to leave a hotfoot work you have done and are still working on around you and yours? I hope you are smarter than that. Use your common sense! Don’t believe everything you hear from these so-called experts.
Ways to Cleanse
Some of the ways you can cleanse yourself are so easy, and they are not time-consuming that it would be stupid not to use them. After all, we are talking about your spiritual person here. We touched on this in the last class, but I thought it important enough to do a whole lesson on. This is the first thing you need to learn before you do any kind of conjure work. Also as I stated you need to keep yourself cleansed so you don’t have any blocks and you can have success in your life.
Just being around negative people all day can draw that type of energy to our selves. I know and understand that we are all busy during our day, and we are tired by the time the day is through. You just have to take the time to do this. It is very important! Below you will find a few different ways to cleanse yourself. This is by no means all of them. Remember to cleanse those feet; this is very important!
- The Cleansing Sprinkle: For this, you need a bottle and a sprinkler head; the kind like was used in the old days for ironing. To your bottle, you add, salt, Florida water, Holy water, and fill the rest with water from a faucet. Once you have it ready you sprinkle yourself with it while praying Psalm 23. Remember to do those feet!
- Brushing: A small whisk or fan the whole dried wing of a black hen or buzzard, may be used to cleanse and take off jinxes. I use a whole Turkey wing for brushing, this works well because Turkey is known to gobble things up. To remove a crossed condition you sweep downward while praying that the condition be removed and you be cleansed.
- Rub Down: An alcohol base is used to make a spiritual rub down. You add your herbs to the alcohol and pray over it. Then you rub yourself in a downward motion while praying.
- Cleansing by Incense: Smoke can also be used to cleanse and to remove block conditions. When I cleanse a client using this method I cover them with a white sheet and set the incense pot under the sheet. Don’t cover your head. Once the incense has gone out I brush them down, always going in a downward motion to remove. Sulfur can be burned in the home to cleanse it.
- Candle Cleansing: You can use a black candle to cleanse away a crossed or jinxed condition. Take your candle and wipe yourself in a downward motion; while praying that the candle draws the condition off of you and remove it to the sender.
- Cleansing Prayer: If you feel that you have a crossed condition then you need to read Isaiah 41 for at least three consecutive days. This pray is very powerful and will remove anything that is on you.
Ways of Cleansing Your Home of Negative Energies
- Elemental Cleanse: Salt & Water: Probably the most common and easiest way to cleanse your home is to use elements like salt and water. When I have a new necklace I wish to cleanse I bury it in salt and set it in the sun for 3 days. At the end of the 3rd day, I cleanse it with water.
- Home Cleanse: Salt & Water: The same can be done in your home. Spread salt (Any kind is fine) around the borders of your home and property. Create a ritual. What you say during the ritual is up to you as long as your intent is clear. All negativity should be banished and positive energy welcomed. As I do with the necklace, at the end of the 3rd day wash away the salt with water. This can be done during the full moon for maximum effect.
- Smoke: Smoke can also be used to cleanse. We call this smudging and if you're like me, you hate smoke. I know it seems contradictory to think of smoke as a cleansing tool. If you have asthma or young children I would not use this method. Many cultures view tobacco and herbs such as sage as sacred. Smudging is burning these herbs in a container (I suggest a shell. Nothing metallic that will get hot and burn you) while you fan the smoke with a feather and do your ritual. This is a very effective way to spiritually cleanse as long as you don't mind the smoke and smell it leaves behind.
Another Way to Cleanse Your Home
- Step 1: Get rid of negative energy using sage. One way the Native Americans used is a Sage ceremony. To do this, get two packs of sage, burn it, and spread the smoke throughout the house. Say something along the lines of "We mean you no harm, please leave this place in peace." You do not necessarily have to say that, but it has been known to work.
- Step 2: This is a messy way, but spread salt on the windowsills (as salt represents a sort of positive energy).
- Step 3: Cleanse your home...
- Step 4: Contact your local priest/exorcist. The priest will bless the house, hopefully at the least, making things better. If they don't, turn to the exorcist, who will be able to remove the ghosts.
- Step 5: Go through all the rooms in the house, with a small bell, ringing it quietly in each corner.
- Step 6: Another way is to get a buddy, go through the house holding hands and saying in a firm voice "This is the house for the living, not the dead. You are dead, so we wish you well to seek the light and move on where you ought to be." Be aware that things could get kind of freaky in a matter of seconds...Be ready
- Step 7: One other way is to ask the ghost questions, such as "Are you happy that we have moved into this home" and have some kind of code, like one knock on a door is Yes and two is No. This is meant to be handled by experts, though. Ghosts can sense when one is scared, or nervous easily, and can often take advantage of this fact as soon as they realize it. If the answers to your questions are negative, it may be time to look for a new house.
- Step 8: Set out some things that the ghost may have left behind during its time on Earth. If the ghost had a diary, set the diary out and the list goes on.
- Step 9: Pray. Pray on your life that the ghost will go. This is often like blessing the house and has had results.
- Step 10: Sprinkle holy water (if you are Christian) throughout the house, as this is also like blessing the house, and has also had results.
- Step 11: Using Garlic can help as well, putting garlic in the room, or wearing it around your neck. Please continue reading to find out more about this topic.